20080117

Read Things Worth Reading

Well, I must say I was flattered by the friendly plug I received from my colleague’s blog (here’s the URL, because I don’t yet know how to make the text a direct link, and, quite honestly, don’t yet care either: http://writethingsworthreading.blogspot.com/).

I assure you it is more than mere obligation that drives me to urge you to visit the above blog. Why? Well, in all honesty, as the sidebar on the right says somewhat wishy-washily, if you like this column then you will love Matt’s.

Believe me when I say that this is true. Matt’s blog is, on the whole, far more interesting and far more interactive than this one. Whereas this blog is hardly even a blog (its contents could easily be hammered out on an antique typewriter and retain the same general effect that they have here on your screen), being made of mere text, that is, Matt’s is unequivocally a high-tech marvel of a website, chock full all sorts of novel links and curiosities.

You should consider yourself lucky if you get to see a new picture of Donkey Kong posted up here every few months or so. If you ever see just a picture of Donkey Kong on Matt’s blog, and not at the very least a live video of him, if not a hologram, you should write Matt an angry letter (or e-mail, perhaps, would be more appropriate).

With every new blog post from Matt, you can expect to see a video from the deepest darkest corners of the Web retrieved by space-age sorcery, a link to some newfangled website that serves some bizarre yet appealing purpose, or even just a really good picture corresponding to what he wrote. Because, yes, in addition to what I’ve just gone on and on about, he writes. And he writes jolly well! In short, what he writes, is worth reading.

So that’s that, folks. Go to http://writethingsworthreading.blogspot.com/. Go there now.

And if you actually found here through there, keep going there – but from now on always come here first!

That’s right, Matthew. My plugs only go so far. They will not get past the locked doors that exist in my own mercenary heart.

Have a great one!

It’s been real,
nice.

That was a sentence. It’s been real nice. Did you think I was saying “It’s been real”? I wasn’t; I’m no fan of that expression for the precise reason I just illustrated: It can be misleading. It sounds unresolved. Which reminds me of a great book called Blue Like Jazz. But that’s a whole ‘nother story.

It’s been real nice,
Joezilla

No comments: